Disability Day at NWGA CIL
NWGA Center for Independent Living (formerly disABILITY LINK NW) invites you to participate with us in Disability Day on Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please come to our office, located at 242 North 5th Avenue in Rome.
This is a day for people with all types of disabilities to contact their legislators about disability-related issues of concern to them.
We will have available at our center:
• Lists of legislators serving your areas and their contact information
• Faxes and supplies available to you for your letters
• Staff who can type letters that you dictate to them if you are unable to write
• An opportunity to network with other people who have disabilities
• Surveys for you to give input on potential disability-related needs in your
• An opportunity to register to vote if you aren’t registered already
• Light snacks
If you are not able to come to our office, you are welcome to contact us and we can send you your legislators’ contact information.
If you are feeling adventurous, come to Atlanta to celebrate the 15th Annual Disability Day at the Capitol, sponsored by the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities. Disability Day is an annual rally sponsored by GCDD on the steps of the State Capitol each year to promote access, opportunity and meaningful community living for Georgians with disabilities and their families. Advocates from across the State, elected officials, State legislators and Georgia citizens with and without disabilities gather together to make their voices heard. For more information from their website, go to:
For further information on Disability Day at NWGA CIL, please contact us at the information listed below.