NWGA Center for Independent Living Will Be Participating in Streets Alive
Thanks to an ongoing partnership with Rome’s Downtown Development Authority, NWGA Center for Independent Living (NWGA CIL) will be one of the participants in Streets Alive on Broad Street on Saturday, June 1, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
We will have fun, family activities and demonstrations, including:
- Training tips for dog owners by service dog handlers and trainers, with demonstrations. )Please do not bring your dogs: individual appointments may be made for later consultations.)
- A power soccer clinic/demonstration with members of the West Georgia Mustangs. This amazing sport is a soccer game played by people who use power wheelchairs.
- Information on Georgia Blind Sports Georgia Blind Runners, Beep Baseball and Tandem Cycling.
- Information on other types of accessible recreational sports for people with all types of disabilities.
- A Cake Walk and Roll for youngsters and the young at heart, accessible to all. Prizes, of course!
- A 50/50 Raffle. Buy a ticket and win half the ticket sales that day.