NWGA Center for Independent Living (NWGA CIL) is currently hiring for our COVID-19 Able Living Emergency Response Team (ALERT) formed to serve the needs of people who have disabilities and have barriers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2 FT independent Living Coordinators
- Living Independently with a disability is required.
3 PT Team Assistants
- Living independently with a disability is encouraged and a major plus.
- Positions last through September 2021.
- Qualified people with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Only resumes with cover letters written in English and formatted in Word sent to NWGA Center for Independent Living at: firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Assist in reaching out to and empowering consumers by providing our core and other requested services and programs that directly relate to consumer needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic so that they may achieve their goals of independent living in their chosen community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services and/or one to two years relevant experience. Personal experience in living independently with a disability may be substituted for certain educational or work requirements.
- Familiarity with IL philosophy and disability rights.
- A passion for seeing other people who have disabilities making their own choices and becoming more independent.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, disabilities and age groups.
- Internally motivated, able to work independently as well as with the center’s team.
- Excellent people, organizational, computer, communications skills, dependability and work ethic.
- Facility with Word, Excel, smart technology and quickly learning and using new software
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as the job necessitates.
- Ability to complete reports/documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Fluency in English/Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is a plus.
- Fluency in American Sign Language is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace