We have set our schedule for the rest of the year with our FREE independent living courses! Here’s what we have planned, and how to get involved:
NWGA CIL’s 2020
Free Independent Living Courses
July: You and Your Money
Budgeting, banking, fraud prevention…
August: Living Well
Stress, nutrition, exercise, sleep, relationships, intimacy,
September: Staying Alive
Health care, staying well, emergency preparedness,
self-defense, CPR, first aid
ADA, accommodations, getting ready, income limits, job exploration and searches, resumes and interviews, staying on the job
October 28: From Head to Toe
1 class only Hygiene and grooming
November 4,11: Handling the Holidays
2 classes only Staying calm and healthy through the chaos
December: No courses offered
• All Courses are conducted via Zoom for the time being.
• All classes are on the first, second, third and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 10 a.m. to noon, unless otherwise noted.
• People who have disabilities and want to become consumers by taking one or more of our courses. All courses also include self-advocacy training and peer support.
• People who interact with people who have disabilities are welcome to take the course but will not receive Certificates of Completion.
• Register at least a week prior to the beginning of each course to ensure a place by calling 706.314.0008 or emailing email@example.com
• We will need to speak to each person who has a disability individually so that we can fill out their consumer application together.
• Let us know at the time of registration whether you will need any accommodations.
• The link to the course will be sent after registration and the consumer application are completed.
• Consumers who participate in all sessions of a course will receive a Certificate of Completion.
For further information, please contact Chris Holtzclaw at 706.314.0008 or firstname.lastname@example.org