Independent Living Coordinator/Nursing Facility Transition
Living independently with a disability.
SUMMARY: Empower consumers who live in nursing facilities, rehab centers and hospitals who wish to transition into their chosen community by providing peer support and other requested services (self-advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training), and our programs.
Also, assist other consumers with their goals of independent living; and provide outreach, public speaking and training to people who have disabilities living in NWGA and to the community to educate them of their choices and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services and/or one to two years relevant experience. Personal experience in living independently with a disability may be substituted for certain educational or work requirements.
- Familiarity with IL philosophy, people first language and disability rights.
- A passion for seeing other people who have disabilities making their own choices and becoming more independent.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, disabilities and age groups.
- Internally motivated, able to work independently as well as with the center’s team.
- Excellent people, communications, organizational, and computer skills, dependability and a superior work ethic.
- Facility with Word, Excel, Smart Technology and quickly learning and using new software
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as the job necessitates.
- Ability to complete reports/documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Fluency in English/Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is a plus.
- Fluency in American Sign Language is a plus.
- Qualified people with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Only resumes with cover letters written in English and formatted in Word sent to NWGA Center for Independent Living at: email@example.com will be considered.
- Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace