Part-time Independent Living Team Assistant
- Qualified people with disabilities, members of other marginalized communities, and those with personal experience with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English/Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is a plus.
- Only resumes with cover letters written in English and formatted in Word sent to NWGA Center for Independent Living at: email@example.com will be considered.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NWGA CIL may interview remotely and/or in person.
- Proof of final COVID vaccination is required.
Assist in reaching out to and empowering consumers in our 15-county service area by providing our core and other requested services and programs so that people with disabilities achieve their goals of independent living in their chosen community. Assist the center in working towards a more user-friendly, accessible community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services and/or one to two years relevant experience. Personal experience in living independently with a disability may be substituted for certain educational or work requirements.
- Familiarity with IL philosophy and disability rights.
- A passion for seeing people who have disabilities making their own choices and becoming more independent.
- Ability to work with people who have disabilities, people of other marginalized communities and people of any age.
- Internally motivated, able to work independently as well as with the center’s team.
- Excellent people, organizational, computer, and communications skills, and work ethic, including dependability.
- Facility with Word, Excel and quickly learning and using new software.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as the job necessitates.
- Ability to complete reports/documentation in a professional and timely manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace